Monday, March 26, 2012

The Clinic is going green

Bagorio Chicken Salad


Working in a rehab clinic you would think everyone is in great physical health, I mean, it is a Physical rehabilitation clinic right? Wrong! With the demands of helping every patient get better mentally and physically you sometimes forget to take care of yourself. You tell your patient to make better choices when it comes to eating, physical activity and giving up vices. But somewhere in the back of your mind you are also telling yourself the same exact thing. I mean you do have to lead by example right?

Its nice to see that my fellow Physical therapist are making those changes in them selves. It also makes me want to get back to working out and eating right. Today one of my friends, who is also a physical therapist was given a "armful" of lettuce. I find it perfect timing because he is currently trying to lose weight and bottom line live a healthier life. Those of us that are close to him like to think that he is really trying to get in better shape, some my say he is doing it for his girlfriend, or maybe just to show off. Ha ha, well whatever it is, its a positive move on his part and I'm happy for him. But wait, why weren't you guys this happy for me when I was bringing in salads and wraps for lunch?! Ha ha!

This got me thinking of salad ideas for him. I've known this guy for a while now and I'd like to think I know him pretty well. He is a mans man. A natural carnivore. So I think its safe to say he really doesn't know what to do with that lettuce. I mean if you give a lion an antelope he would be all over that thing. Maybe even give you advice on how to stalk it, bring it down, and perform the finishing move. But throw that same lion a head of lettuce and see what happens? he'll starve to death.

so this one is for you buddy.


The Bagorio salad 
Not to complicated but gets the job done just like my friend

- 2-3 cups lettuce leaf
- 1/4-1/2 cucumber
- Hard boiled egg ( my friend ate the last egg no egg in the video haha)
-1/4 cup or less grated cheese 
- Sesame seeds ( forgot to get some for the video..oops)

If you want to add chick which I recommend you do

The chicken



- 1 chicken brest 
- 1 egg 
- 1 pack of oatmeal
- oregan, basil, nut meg or Italian herb mix ( Optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons of oil for frying



salad dressing
In the video i used dizon farm vinaigrette caus ei had no olive oil at the time


- I would use a vinaigrette but it depends on your taste. Remember the vinaigrette is healthier =)
2parts olive oil
1 part white wine vinegar
salt and pepper 

If eating at home you can mix the salad dressing but if you are taking to work put dressing in a separate container so the salad won't get soggy.


Its kind of rugged but,
ILL GET A VIDEO UP SOON.






Cover photo from  TasteofHome.com








2 comments:

aldwin santos said...

Pedro if ill really go hard core on this one ill go for no cheese and steamed chicken.

pbelv82 said...

this one is actually a salad for bagorio. I would go with spinach and some feta cheese..Im good with that

Search This Blog