Monday, June 4, 2012

Corned Tuna and Mango salsa

Sarap in my Home


Today I saw a short show on TV where they were endorsing a canned tuna brand,San Marino Corned Tuna

When I think of canned tuna I eaither think of Tuna Sandwich or Tuna Patties.
I decided to make tuna patties and since I haven't been eating too many fruits lately I decided to top it with a sweet and creamy mango/avocado salsa. Your going to need...
                                                                A can of tuna
1 avocado
2 ripe mangoes
1 red onion
2 tomatoes
1 calamansi
1/4 cup wansoy( celantro)
They didn't have celantro at the market so I just used green onions. But celantro will taste better



Cut the mango in cubes

Take the pit out of the avocado and cut into cubes
Click video link below to help you out

  Cut all in cubes and put in mixing bowl

Open can of tuna mix with corn starch
red onions, green onions, mayo, salt and pepper

(Optional) I chopped some oat meal up and will use that instead of flour
healthier alternative and texture wise is better.

mix into batter

fry tuna batter making either a rectangular shape or a circle.

let cool and spread mayo

add some rice and sprinkle a little bit of cayenne pepper if you like. 

top with other peice making a "rice sanwich"

Top with the mango/avocado salsa 
This is the rectangular shape patties


This is the round shape pattie. shape to your liking

Hope you guys try this out. you dont always have to make salsa with it. I usually cook this when im in a rush or if Im low on allowance. This is all under 100 pesos and you can feed 2-3 people depending on the size of your patties. 


No comments:

Search This Blog