Sunday, June 10, 2012

Steamed White Fish

A Healthy Low Carb meal for under 50 pesos



This week I had an awakening. I was a groomsman for my friends wedding and I had the hardest time finding a suit that fit me. I figured it would be hard since i was dealing with Filipino sizes but that wasn't the case. Even the vest that was bought in the states was to small for my belly that in the last 6 months gained a few inches. So as soon as the celebration was over I went home and decided I needed to make a life style change.

WARNING DO NOT EAT THIS WITH RICE...YOU WILL REGRET IT...click the link to read more


 I talked to a friend of mine who has, for the last 4 months made the same decision that I just made. He was cutting down on his carbs and not eating any carbs after 8pm. So here is my first dish of my new life...

what you will need.
-White Fish Fillet ( pack of 3 at SM hypermart is 150 pesos. 6 servings)
-Green onions and ginger
-4 Tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar 
- 3Tbsp brown sugar
- rock salt and pepper

1. Thaw the fish fillet 

2. julienne cut the ginger and cut green onions about 2"

Coat fish in Olive oil
Place fish on steamer.
season with salt and pepper
top 2/3 of ginger and green onions
wrap it aluminum foil ( I didn't have foil, much better in foil)
Steam on low to medium for 12-15 minutes

For the sauce:
Take the remaining ginger and green onions and chop
add 3 Tbsp of sesame seed oil and add ginger and green Onions
saute and add soy sauce
add brown sugar and vinegar
simmer when the sauce thickens a bit.

pour sauce on plate and put fish in the middle. top fish with a little bit of the sauce.

the end.

For all those who love food but hate to become fat. this is something that can satisfy your taste buds.
Unfortunately this taste great with rice. so if you cook this make sure there is no rice in the house! =)
good luck and enjoy.



No comments:

Search This Blog