Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Teach me how to jerk

Bee Cheng Hiang - Barbecued Pork Jerky


A few weeks ago my cousin went to Hong Kong for the weekend. When she got back she brought the family some jerky from a store called Bee Cheng Hiang. Now I don't think she knows but I am a big fan of jerky. I think I can trace my jerky love to when I was a...
kid and I use to watch cowboy shows on T.V and they would always be eating some kind of dried meat. Tough cowboys were eating it and they even had the wrestler Randy "Macho Man" Savage endorsing the stuff with his famous catch phrase " snap it to a slim jim." I thought it was cool.



The jerky she got us was barbecued pork and looking at it it didn't really look too appealing to me. It kind of reminded me of Chinese sausage and so in the back of my mind I figured that's how it would taste. To my surprise it tasted pretty good. It was sweet. Not the typical jerky that I was used too but that was a good thing taste wise but not so good health wise. Nothing that sweet would be good for your figure.

But in moderation I'm sure its ok. You can throw this in your bag before going to class and have it for a snack on the go. You can also mix it with rice and have instant fried rice. Next time I go to Hong Kong or Singapore ( where this stuff is from) I will be sure to check out the shops. Now if you can't make it to HK or SG your in luck there is now a store here in the Philippines.

 Level 1, Space 118 Robinsons Place  Manila, 
   M. Adriatico Street Malate (Ermita), Metro Manila 1004, 
   Philippines 
   Tel: (+632) 523 1687

Here's a little info on the company thanks to wikipedia



No comments:

Search This Blog